Friday 10 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 10, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peer Steinbruck and George Alec Effinger.
Vacation Days, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1947 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- George Alec Effinger: United States -- Sci-fi author (Nick of Time).
- Peer Steinbruck: German politician.
- George Effinger: American writer of fiction and science-fiction, he wrote for Marvel Comics beginning in 1971.
- James Morris: American opera singer.
- Matthew Oakeshott: Baron Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay English banker and politician.
- Peer Steinbrück: German politician German Minister of Finance.
- Tiit Vähi: Estonian engineer and politician 11th Prime Minister of Estonia.
- British stop ships Independence and In-Gathering from landing in Israel
- Greek steamer Himara strikes a wartime mine in Saronic Gulf south of Athens with loss of 392 of 637 aboard
- Finian's Rainbow opens at 46th Steet Theater in New York City, New York for 725 performances.
- The United Nations takes control of the free city of Trieste.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - A Gal in Calico
- Huggin' and a-Chalkin' - Johnny Mercer
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)