Wednesday 21 February 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luz del Fuego and Victor G.
A Girl's Folly, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1917 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Luz del Fuego
- Victor G: M Marijnen Dutch premier (1963-65).
- Tadd Dameron: American jazz musician, composer, arranger and pianist, he worked with the likes of Billy Eckstine, Dizzy Gillespie, and Count Basie.
- Robert Joanblanc: France sport Champion.
- Lucille Bremer: dancer/actress (Ziegfeld Follies), dies at age 73.
- Train near Chirurcha Romania catches fire and explodes; 100s die.
- British Mendi sinks off Isle of Wight, 627 die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Victor Military Band
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Ada Jones
- Mammy's Little Coal Black Rose - Orpheus Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?