Wednesday 10 June 1908US date format: 6/10/1908, UK date format: 10/6/1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Mitterrand (1908-1991) and Ernst B Chain.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1908 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Jacques Mitterrand (1908-1991)
- Brinsley Ford: CEO (National Art Collections Fund).
- Ernst B Chain: German chemist / bacteriologist (penicillin, Nobel 1945).
- Jacques Mitterrand: French freemason, the Grand Master of the Grand Orient de France and a founder of the small left wing party Union progressiste.
- Christian Rocher: Bordeaux physician.
- 1st flying club, Aeronautical Society of NY, opens