Wednesday 10 June 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Mitterrand (1908-1991) and Ernst B Chain.
Just Like a Woman, directed by Rachid Bouchareb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1908 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Jacques Mitterrand (1908-1991)
- Brinsley Ford: CEO (National Art Collections Fund).
- Ernst B Chain: German chemist / bacteriologist (penicillin, Nobel 1945).
- Jacques Mitterrand: French freemason, the Grand Master of the Grand Orient de France and a founder of the small left wing party Union progressiste.
- Christian Rocher: Bordeaux physician.
- 1st flying club, Aeronautical Society of NY, opens