Tuesday June 23, 1908
US date format: 6/23/1908, UK date format: 23/6/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Infante Duke of Segovia and Paulus Akkerman [Paul fen Nijenborn].
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1908?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Love Me and the World is Mine
- Henry Burr - As Long as the World Rolls On
- Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson - Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All)
- Billy Murray - Bon-Bon Buddy
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Happy Days March