Wednesday 24 June 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marina Ladynina and Tullio Pinelli.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1908 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Marina Ladynina
- Tullio Pinelli
- Guru Gopinath: Indian classical dancer (d. 1987).
- Henri Levesque: French race horse owner, who trained five winners of the Prix d'Amérique (1961, 1966-1969).
- Hugo Distler: German organist composer and conductor (d. 1942).
- Alfons Rebane: Estonian military commander (Born 1908).
- Yanks replace Clark Griffith with Kid Elberfeld as manager who is destined to have worse won-lost pct of any Yankee mgr 27-71 (.276)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet