Monday 29 June 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lebeau and Rene Gerber.
I promessi sposi, directed by Mario Morais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1908 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Paul Lebeau: Flemish writer (Last Rose, Xanthippe).
- Rene Gerber: Composer.
- John Hench: in Iowa, USA; joined Disney Studios in 1939 as artist and story editor, designed Disneyland projects, Walt Disney World plans, Tokyo Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Animal Kingdom, named a Disney Legend in 1990.
- Leroy Anderson: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
- Erik Lundqvist: Swedish javelin thrower (d. 1963).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Happy Days March - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Bon-Bon Buddy - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Haydn Quartet
- Kiss Duet (Sweetest Maid of All) - Harry Macdonough & Elise Stevenson
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?