Friday 12 June 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Tailleur and Ronald Selby Wright.
Los carreros, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1908 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Max Tailleur: Adjudant to Prince Bernhard / Jewish humorist.
- Ronald Selby Wright: Minister.
- Michel Navratil: French newsmaker, one of the last survivors of the sinking of Titanic on 15 April 1912.
- Henri Rol-Tanguy: French politician and activist.
- Jacques Lemarchand: Bordeaux Writer.
- Alphonse Ouimet: Canadian TV pioneer and president of the CBC (d. 1988)
- Marina Semyonova: Russian ballerina and educator (d. 2010)
- Otto Skorzeny: German / Austrian SS (Mussolini / Ardennen)
- Lusitania crosses Atlantic in record 4 days 15 hours (NYC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart Days - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?