Friday 12 June 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Rol-Tanguy and Otto Skorzeny.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1908 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Henri Rol-Tanguy: French politician and activist.
- Otto Skorzeny: German / Austrian SS (Mussolini / Ardennen).
- Michel Navratil: French newsmaker, one of the last survivors of the sinking of Titanic on 15 April 1912.
- Jacques Lemarchand: Bordeaux Writer.
- Max Tailleur: Adjudant to Prince Bernhard / Jewish humorist.
- Marina Semyonova: Russian ballerina and educator (d. 2010).
- Alphonse Ouimet: Canadian TV pioneer and president of the CBC (d. 1988).
- Ronald Selby Wright: Minister.
- Lusitania crosses Atlantic in record 4 days 15 hours (NYC)