Tuesday 9 June 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J F Williams-Wynne and Robert Cummings.
Just Like a Woman, directed by Rachid Bouchareb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1908 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- J F Williams-Wynne: Lord-Lieutenant (Gwynedd).
- Robert Cummings: Joplin, Missouri -- Actor (Love that Bob, Dial M For Murder).
- Luis Kutner: US co-founder (Amnesty International), dies at age 84.
- Branch McCracken: American basketball player and coach (d. 1970).
- Jose FdT Coelho: Portuguese writer (Os meus amores), dies at 46.