Tuesday 9 June 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J F Williams-Wynne and Robert Cummings.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1908 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- J F Williams-Wynne: Lord-Lieutenant (Gwynedd).
- Robert Cummings: Joplin, Missouri -- Actor (Love that Bob, Dial M For Murder).
- Luis Kutner: US co-founder (Amnesty International), dies at age 84.
- Branch McCracken: American basketball player and coach (d. 1970).
- Jose FdT Coelho: Portuguese writer (Os meus amores), dies at 46.