Monday 10 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 10, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bachir Gemayel and Patrick Berger.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1947 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Bachir Gemayel: Lebanese commander and politician (d. 1982).
- Patrick Berger
- Glen Buxton: American musician who was a guitarist for the Alice Cooper band.
- Greg Lake: British musician (Emerson, Lake & Palmer).
- Dave Loggins: American songwriter and singer.
- The arrest of four steel workers in Marseille begins a French communist riot that also spreads to Paris.
- International Telecommunication Union becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations.
- Universal Postal Union (UPU) becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations (effective 1 July 1948).
- In Brussels, 15,000 people demonstrate against the relatively-short prison sentences of Belgian Nazi criminals.
- Great Britain began withdrawing its troops from Palestine.