Monday 10 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bachir Gemayel and Patrick Berger.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Viewers' Viewpoint.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1947!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 November 1947 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Bachir Gemayel: Lebanese commander and politician (d. 1982).
- Patrick Berger
- Glen Buxton: American musician who was a guitarist for the Alice Cooper band.
- Greg Lake: British musician (Emerson, Lake & Palmer).
- Dave Loggins: American songwriter and singer.
- Bechir Gemayel: President Lebanon (8 / 23-9 / 14, 1982).
- The arrest of four steel workers in Marseille begins a French communist riot that also spreads to Paris.
- International Telecommunication Union becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations.
- Universal Postal Union (UPU) becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations (effective 1 July 1948).
- In Brussels, 15,000 people demonstrate against the relatively-short prison sentences of Belgian Nazi criminals.
- Great Britain began withdrawing its troops from Palestine.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?