Saturday 1 November 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Poignant and Tim Englert.
Gentleman's Agreement, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Stump the Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1947 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Serge Poignant
- Tim Englert: American artist, a professional painter whose work has been shown at exhibitions.
- Maxime Bono
- Rolando Garbey: Oriente, Cuba -- Light MW boxer (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Isabel Demenga: Oldest member of the Demenga artists.
- Frank Shorter: Athlete.
- Nick Owen: English journalist.
- Jim Steinman: American songwriter and producer.
- Paul Walliker: American bartender, able to talk politics with anyone.
- Deidre Hall: Actress.
- Anna Stuart: Actress (Donna Love-Another World).
- Man o' War: American thoroughbred racehorse (Born 1917).
- Medium & The Telephone closes at Barrymore NYC after 211 performances
- 1st Aloha Week Parade held in Hawaii
- Howard Hughes flies Spruce Goose, a large wooden airplane
- UN trusteeship for Nauru granted to Australia, New Zealand and the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?