Thursday 20 November 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Walsh and Lamar S. Smith.
Good News, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Little Audrey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1947 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Joe Walsh: American musician (Eagles, James Gang).
- Lamar S. Smith: Politician.
- Mardell Wilkins: LPGA golfer.
- Joe Walsh in Wichita: Kansas, USA; guitarist/rocker (Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- Meet the Press makes network TV debut on NBC
- 1st permanent TV installed on seagoing vessel (New Jersey)
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Mediator Dei
- UN General assembly begins debate on printing their own stamps
- The Princess Elizabeth marries Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten at Westminster Abbey in London.