Tuesday 18 November 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jameson Parker in Baltimore and Timothy Maude.
Good News, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Little Audrey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1947 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Jameson Parker in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (American Justice, Simon and Simon).
- Timothy Maude: American general (d. 2001).
- Jameson Parker: American actor and producer.
- The Ballantyne's Department Store fire in Christchurch, New Zealand, kills 41; it is the worst fire disaster in the history of New Zealand.
- The Princess Elizabeth (later Elizabeth II), the daughter of George VI, marries The Duke of Edinburgh at Westminster Abbey in London, United Kingdom.
- Paul Ramadier resigns as the Prime Minister of France. He is succeeded by Robert Schuman, who calls 80,000 army reservists to quell rioting miners in France.