Saturday 8 November 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Cristiani and Minnie Riperton.
Mourning Becomes Electra, directed by Dudley Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1947 ?
- Hervé Cristiani
- Minnie Riperton: Soul Singer.
- Margaret Rhea Seddon
- Bodo Zinser: German alternative healing practitioner, meditation instructor, reincarnation therapist, parapsychologist, astrological software developer since 1982, entrepreneur and astrologer.
- Cristiani : French pop singer especially known for his hit "Il est libre Max".
- Margaret Seddon: American astronaut who became a trainee in January 1978 after being selected by NASA.
- Rebecca Eaton: Producer.
- Lewis Yocum: American physician and surgeon (d. 2013).
- Michael Perham: English bishop.
- Bernhard Goetz: Celebrity.
- Minnie Ripperton in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("Loving You").
- Margaret Rhea Seddon in Murfreesboro: Tennessee, USA; MD/astronaut (STS 51D, STS 40).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- So Far - Margaret Whiting
- So Far - Frank Sinatra
- Ballerina - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- The Whistler - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra