Monday 24 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dwight Schultz and Ramesh Sippy.
Cheyenne Takes Over, directed by Ray Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dwight Schultz: American actor.
- Ramesh Sippy
- Dwight Schultz in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (The A-Team).
- Silvia Annichiarico: Italian singer, actress and radio host.
- Bernie Ashman: Bernie Ashman has been a practicing astrologer since 1974.
- Dave Sinclair: English keyboard player (Caravan Hatfield and the North The Wilde Flowers Matching Mole and The Polite Force).
- Un-American Activities Committee finds "Hollywood 10" in contempt because of their refusal to reveal whether they were communists.