Sunday 30 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Badilla Castillo and Stuart Baird.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Charade Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1947 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Sergio Badilla Castillo: Chilean poet.
- Stuart Baird: English film editor, producer and director.
- Sergio Castillo: Chilean-Swedish poet and translator.
- Jude Ciccolella: American actor.
- David Mamet: Chicago, Illinois -- Playwright / dir (Speed the Plow, House of Games).
- Earnest Lubitsch: Actor / director (Anna Boleyn, Ninotchka).
- Arab terrorist campaign opens in Palestine
- Day after United Nations decree for Israel, Jewish settlements attacked.
- 1947 : 1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 November 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?