Sunday 30 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 30, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Mamet and Petra Kelly.
Cheyenne Takes Over, directed by Ray Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Americana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1947 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- David Mamet: Chicago, Illinois -- Playwright / dir (Speed the Plow, House of Games).
- Petra Kelly: Politician.
- Sergio Badilla Castillo: Chilean poet.
- Ronnie Montrose: Musician.
- Sergio Castillo: Chilean-Swedish poet and translator.
- Earnest Lubitsch: Actor / director (Anna Boleyn, Ninotchka).
- Arab terrorist campaign opens in Palestine
- Day after United Nations decree for Israel, Jewish settlements attacked.
- 1947 : 1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.