Monday 17 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Bachman and Stewkey [Robert Antoni].
Good News, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Little Audrey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1947 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tom Bachman: First generation Chinese-American musician, a composer from the age of 16 and a keyboard player on backup for known performers such as Bobbie Gentry and the Lennon sisters.
- Stewkey [Robert Antoni]: Rocker.
- Steven E de Souza: American scriptwriter.
- Paul Brainerd: American entrepreneur and CEO of Aldus, who also owns 60% of Apple computer in the desktop publishing division.
- Rod Clements: Rocker.
- Steven de Souza: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Inky Mark: Chinese-Canadian educator and politician.
- Michaele Vollbracht: American fashion designer.
- William Lancaster: American noted family, the son of actor Burt Lancaster.
- The U.S. Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.