Tuesday 25 November 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Laroquette and Stéphane Courtois.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1947!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 November 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- John Laroquette
- Stéphane Courtois
- Jean-Pierre Dionnet
- Jonathan Kaplan: Paris, France -- Director (Heart Like a Wheel).
- John Larroquette: American actor director and producer.
- Tracey Walter: American actor.
- Linda Laflamme: Rocker.
- John Larroquette in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Dan Fielding - Night Court).
- Leon-Paul Fargue: French poet (Born 1876).
- Future Queen Elizabeth marries Prince Philip in Westminster Abbey
- Red Scare: The ''Hollywood Ten'' are blacklisted by Hollywood movie studios.
- New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Ray McKinley & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?