Tuesday 25 November 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Laroquette and Stéphane Courtois.
Gentleman's Agreement, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Stump the Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 November 1947
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- John Laroquette
- Stéphane Courtois
- Jean-Pierre Dionnet
- John Larroquette: American actor director and producer.
- Linda Laflamme: Rocker.
- Tracey Walter: American actor.
- John Larroquette in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Dan Fielding - Night Court).
- Jonathan Kaplan: Paris, France -- Director (Heart Like a Wheel).
- Leon-Paul Fargue: French poet (Born 1876).
- Future Queen Elizabeth marries Prince Philip in Westminster Abbey
- Red Scare: The ''Hollywood Ten'' are blacklisted by Hollywood movie studios.
- New Zealand ratifies the Statute of Westminster and thus becomes independent of legislative control by the United Kingdom.