Thursday 6 November 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Young and Bobby Beausoleil.
Mourning Becomes Electra, directed by Dudley Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 November 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1947 ?
- George Young: Australian musician (Easybeats).
- Bobby Beausoleil: American musician, artist and convicted murderer.
- Edward Yang: Taiwanese-American director and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Jack Arnold: Character on Wonder Years.
- John Wilson: Rock drummer (Them).
- Peter Noone: Actor.
- Carolyn Seymour: English actress.
- Mesut Yılmaz: Turkish politician 21st Prime Minister of Turkey.
- Jim Rosenthal: English sportscaster and actor.
- Doug Young: Rocker (Flash In The Pan).
- George Lawrence James: New Jersey, United States -- 4X400m relayer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kristian Elster: Norwegian Author (Paradisets Have), dies at 66.
- Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- So Far - Margaret Whiting
- So Far - Frank Sinatra
- Ballerina - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- The Whistler - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra