Friday 14 November 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Syanley "Buckwheat" Dural Jr and P J O'Rourke.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Mary Kay and Johnny.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1947 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Syanley "Buckwheat" Dural Jr: US accordionist (On Track).
- P J O'Rourke: American writer.
- Maria Carmo Paya: Brazilian publisher specializing in medical books, also interested in esoteric texts.
- Bharathan : Indian director and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- P O'Rourke: American political satirist and journalist.
- Buckwheat Zydeco: American accordion player
- Joseph Allard: Canadian fiddler and composer (d. 1947).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 November 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?