Monday 11 December 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dilip Kumar and HC Westermann.
Peg o' My Heart, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1922 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Dilip Kumar: Indian film actor known as Tragedy King, and described as "the ultimate method actor" by Satyajit Ray.
- HC Westermann: American artist, sculptor and print maker.
- Horace Westermann: Los Angeles Writer.
- Vampira : Movie Actress.
- Grigoris Bithikotsis: Greek singer-songwriter (d. 2005).
- Maila Nurmi: Finnish-American actress producer and screenwriter (d. 2008)
- Grace Paley: writer (1970 Arts and Letters Award).
- End of the trial of Frederick Bywaters and Edith Thompson at the Old Bailey. Both found guilty and sentenced to death.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good Mornin' - Nora Bayes
- Say it While Dancing - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?