Wednesday 11 January 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eleanor Bach and Kathleen Byron London England.
Satanas, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1922 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Eleanor Bach: American astrologer, the publisher-editor of "Planet Watch" and author of "Asteroid Ephemeris," 1973, which set the stage for extensive study of Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta.
- Kathleen Byron London England: actress (Abdication, Profile, Four Days).
- Neville Duke: English test pilot.
- Ernle Bradford: English historian and writer (Born 1922).
- Insulin 1st used to treat diabetes (Leonard Thompson, 14, of Canada)
- First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient.
- The first successful insulin treatment of diabetes is made.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?