Wednesday 6 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edna Rowland and Guy Thys.
The Making of a Man, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1922 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Edna Rowland: American astrologer and author of "How to Order Your Birth Certificate," 1990 and "Destined for Murder," 1995.
- Guy Thys: Belgian football coach (Born 1922).
- John Henry Cound Brunt: English soldier, Victoria Cross holder (d. 1944).
- Benjamin A Gilman: American politician.
- John Brunt: English captain Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1944).
- Benjamin Gilman: American soldier and politician.
- 1st constitution of Irish Free State comes into operation
- 1st electric power line commercial carrier in US, Utica, New York
- One year to the day after the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, the Irish Free State comes into existence.
- The Irish Free State officially comes into existence. George V becomes the Free State's monarch. Tim Healy is appointed first Governor-General of the Irish Free State and W. T. Cosgrave becomes President of the Executive Council.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say it While Dancing - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Good Mornin' - Nora Bayes