Wednesday 20 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 20, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Roy Hill director (Slap Shot and Charita Bauer.
The Making of a Man, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 December 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1922 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Charita Bauer: Newark, New Jersey -- Actress (Guiding Light, Aldrich Family).
- George Roy Hill director (Slap Shot: Little Drummer Girl, Little Romance).
- Pierre Fougeyrollas: French philosopher, sociologist, anthropologist, and an emeritus professor of sociology at the University of Paris VII.
- Jean Mattéoli: French politician who was the Minister of Social Affairs (France) during the Raymond Barre administration from 1979 to 1981 and also served as president of the French Economic and Social Council from April 1987 and September 1999.
- George Hill: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Beverly Pepper: American sculptor and painter.
- 14 Republics form Union of Soviet Socialistic Republics (USSR)
- Polish parliament selects Stanislaw Wojcieckowski as president.