Wednesday 27 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dwight Eddleman and Larry Osborne.
The Making of a Man, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1922 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Dwight Eddleman
- Larry Osborne: Navigator air traffic controller / supply specialist.
- Thomas Eddleman: American athlete, he played pro basketball for four seasons beginning in 1949.
- Juan Gerardi: Guatemalan Roman Catholic bishop and human rights defender who was long active in working with the indigenous Mayan peoples of the country.
- Japanese aircraft carrier Hosho becomes the first purpose built aircraft carrier to be commissioned in the world.