Wednesday 13 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Séty and Hugo Fonck.
Peg o' My Heart, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1922 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Gérard Séty: French music hall actor, comedian, parodist and artist who died at 11:05am on 1 February 1998 in Maisons-Laffitte, France.
- Hugo Fonck: Polish-American architect, artist and inventor, the Chief Architect of Trans-American building and cable car system re-engineering in San Francisco, CA.
- Mark Stevens: American actor, whose films include "Objective Burma," "The Snake Pit," "Fate is the Hunter," and "The Dark Corner".
- Hannes Hafstein: Icelandic poet and politician 1st Prime Minister of Iceland (d. 1922).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say it While Dancing - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Good Mornin' - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?