Wednesday 11 July 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elie Lison and John Motson.
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1945 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Elie Lison
- Ron Glass: Actor.
- John Motson: Celebrity.
- Robin Muyser: Dutch bassist (Les Baroques).
- Patrick Joseph McGrath: Catholic bishop.
- Jacques Rougerie: Jacques Rougerie called the 'architect of the sea' is a French architect and oceanographer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe - Johnny Mercer
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way