Wednesday July 11, 1945
US date format: 7/11/1945, UK date format: 11/7/1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Elie Lison and Patrick Joseph McGrath.
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1945?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1945?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Charlie Spivak - Can't You Read Between The Lines
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - A Kiss Goodnight
- Dick Haymes - I Wish I Knew
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe