Sunday 11 November 1917, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ilse Steppat and Abram Hoffer.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1917 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Ilse Steppat: Actress (Invisible Terror), dies at 52.
- Abram Hoffer: Canadian Orthomolecular psychiatrist (Born 1917).
- Lloyd Cutler: Lawyer.
- [Dallas] Mack / McCord Reynolds: United States -- Sci-fi author (Earth War).
- Julien-Francois Zbinden: Composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Ziegfeld Follies of 1917 - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Somewhere in France is Daddy - Peerless Quartet