Sunday 11 November 1917, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Dallas] Mack / McCord Reynolds and Julien-Francois Zbinden.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1917 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- [Dallas] Mack / McCord Reynolds: United States -- Sci-fi author (Earth War).
- Julien-Francois Zbinden: Composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Somewhere in France is Daddy - Peerless Quartet
- Gems from Ziegfeld Follies of 1917 - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?