Monday 5 November 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeleine Robinson and Jacqueline Auriol.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Madeleine Robinson: French actress, she made her screen debut in 1934 in "Soldats sans Uniforms.
- Jacqueline Auriol: French record-setting aviator, she set her fifth world speed record on June 22, 1962 at Istres, France.
- Banarsi Das Gupta: Indian former Chief Minister of Haryana (d. 2007).
- Claus Adam: Composer.
- Banarsi Gupta: Indian activist and politician 4th Chief Minister of Haryana (d. 2007).
- Jens Evensen: Norwegian lawyer, judge, politician (of the Labour Party), trade minister, international offshore rights expert, member of the International Law Commission and judge at the International Court of Justice in The Hague, member of The Swedish Order of the Polar Star and Commander Of The Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav.
- Jacob Everaers: Office clerk / resistance fighter.
- Gen Pershing and US troops see action on Western Front for 1st time
- Supreme Court decision (Buchanan vs. Warley) strikes down Lousiville Ky ordiance requiring blacks and whites to live in separate areas
- October Revolution: In Tallinn, Estonia, Communist leader Jaan Anvelt leads revolutionaries in overthrowing the Provisional Government (As Estonia and Russia are still using the Julian Calendar, subsequent period references show an October 23 date).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Ziegfeld Follies of 1917 - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Somewhere in France is Daddy - Peerless Quartet