Thursday 29 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include de Broissia and Pierre Ceccaldi.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1917 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Pierre Ceccaldi: French physician and pharmacist.
- de Broissia: Arc l?s Gray Military man.
- Fernand Ceccaldi: Jaunay-Clan physician.
- Pierre Gaspard-Huit: French director and screenwriter.
- Merle Travis: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1983).
- Don Cossacks declare the Don Republic, which lasts two weeks.
- December ndash Annie Besant becomes president of the Indian National Congress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- (Goodbye, and Luck Be with You) Laddie Boy - Nora Bayes
- In Lilac Time (When You Stole This Heart of Mine) - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Some Sunday Morning - Ada Jones & M.J. O'Connell
- Over There - Billy Murray