Friday 23 November 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gough and Maurice Tissandier.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1917 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Michael Gough: Kuala Lumpur, Malaya -- Actor (Search for the Nile).
- Maurice Tissandier: Charlieu physician.
- The Bolsheviks release the full text of the previously secret Sykes-Picot Agreement in ''Izvestia'' and ''Pravda'' it is subsequently printed in the ''Manchester Guardian'' on November 26.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell