Friday 23 November 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gough and Maurice Tissandier.
The Silent Man, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1917 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Michael Gough: Kuala Lumpur, Malaya -- Actor (Search for the Nile).
- Maurice Tissandier: Charlieu physician.
- The Bolsheviks release the full text of the previously secret Sykes-Picot Agreement in ''Izvestia'' and ''Pravda'' it is subsequently printed in the ''Manchester Guardian'' on November 26.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?