Saturday 17 November 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Cornelis and Jack Lescoulie.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1917 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jack Lescoulie: Sacramento, California -- TV host (Jackie Gleason Show).
- Joe Cornelis: Belgian boxer.
- Jean-Baptiste Duroselle: French historian and professor, who taught at the University of Saarbrücken from 1950 to 1957 and returned to the Sorbonne after that.
- Leandro Remondini: Italian association football player and manager.
- Le Cabellec Yves: France Military man.
- F-Auguste-R Rodin: French Sculptor (Baiser, Thinker), dies at 77.
- Lenin defended temporary removal of freedom of the press
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers