Wednesday 7 November 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edith Bouvier Beale and Andras Mihaly.
The Little Princess, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edith Bouvier Beale
- Andras Mihaly: Composer.
- Edie Beale: American socialite and entertainment hopeful whose life fell to pieces.
- Titos Vandis: Greek actor (Born 1917).
- British capture Gaza Palestine from the Turks.
- World War I: Third Battle of Gaza ends: British forces capture Gaza from the Ottoman Empire.
- The Gregorian calendar date of the October Revolution, which gets its name from the Julian calendar date of 25 October. On this date in 1917, the Bolsheviks storm the Winter Palace.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- 12th Street Rag - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Good-Bye Broadway, hello France - Peerless Quartet
- Nora Bayes - Over There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?