Monday 26 November 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Reading and Pierre Soignet.
The Secret Game, directed by William C. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1917 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- John Reading: American politician, the 44th Mayor of Oakland, California from 1966 to 1977.
- Pierre Soignet: France Military man.
- Nesuhi Ertegun: Turkish-American record producer (d. 1989).
- The National Hockey League is formed, with the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs, and Toronto Arenas as its first teams.
- The National Hockey League is formed in Montreal as a replacement for the recently disbanded National Hockey Association.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?