Monday 26 November 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 26, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Reading and Pierre Soignet.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1917 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- John Reading: American politician, the 44th Mayor of Oakland, California from 1966 to 1977.
- Pierre Soignet: France Military man.
- Nesuhi Ertegun: Turkish-American record producer (d. 1989).
- The National Hockey League is formed, with the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs, and Toronto Arenas as its first teams.
- The National Hockey League is formed in Montreal as a replacement for the recently disbanded National Hockey Association.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- (Goodbye, and Luck Be with You) Laddie Boy - Nora Bayes
- In Lilac Time (When You Stole This Heart of Mine) - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Some Sunday Morning - Ada Jones & M.J. O'Connell
- Over There - Billy Murray