Tuesday 20 November 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 20, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Byrd and Bobby Locke.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1917 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Robert Byrd: American politician, the longest-serving Senator in United States history as of June 12, 2006.
- Bobby Locke: South African golfer (d. 1987).
- Pam Henningen [Cornelia CP Ingenegeren]: Indonesian / Dutch dancer.
- Ram Gopal: Indies / English dancer (Blue Peter, Purple Plain).
- Indira Gandhi: Statesman.
- Maurice Weisner: American military personnel, a United States Navy four-star admiral who served as Vice Chief of Naval Operations (VCNO) from 1972 to 1973; Commander in Chief, U.S.
- Hans Kettgen: Germany Military man.
- Robert C Byrd: (Sen-D-West Virginia, 1959- ) / majority leader.
- Max Georg Baumann: Composer.
- 1st tank battle (Britain breaks through German lines)
- Ukrainian Republic declared.
- Ukraine is declared a republic.
- World War I: Battle of Cambrai begins : British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell