Thursday December 12, 1946
US date format: 12/12/1946, UK date format: 12/12/1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see zodiac on December 12, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emerson Fittipaldi and Marlous Fluitsma.
Enamorada, directed by Emilio Fernández, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 12, 1946?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Tide detergent introduced
- Ice plant collapses, shearing a tenement building and burying 38.
- United Nations accepts six Manhattan (New York) blocks as a gift from John D Rockefeller Jr.
- A fire at a New York City ice plant spreads to a nearby tenement killing 37 people.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 the zodiac sign was Sagittarius.
Who was the US President on December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 the US President was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour).
Who was the Pope on December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 12, 1946?
On December 12, 1946 several famous people were born including, Emerson Fittipaldi, George Santo Pietro, Marlous Fluitsma.