Thursday 12 December 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emerson Fittipaldi and Marlous Fluitsma.
Enamorada, directed by Emilio Fernández, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1946 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Emerson Fittipaldi: Brazilian champion race car driver, considered one of the greatest in his field.
- George Santo Pietro: Husband of Vanna White.
- Marlous Fluitsma: Actress (De Prooi, Apart, Alle Dagen Feest).
- Clive Bunker: rock drummer (Jethro Tull).
- Barrie Rutter: English actor and director.
- Paula Wagner: American actress and producer.
- Tide detergent introduced
- UN accepts 6 Manhattan blocks as a gift from John D Rockefeller Jr
- Ice plant collapses, shearing a tenement building and burying 38.
- United Nations accepts six Manhattan (New York) blocks as a gift from John D Rockefeller Jr.
- A fire at a New York City ice plant spreads to a nearby tenement killing 37 people.