Tuesday September 15, 1908
US date format: 9/15/1908, UK date format: 15/9/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 15, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Penny Singleton and Fred Adison.
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 15, 1908?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 15, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & John Bieling - Over the Hills and Far Away