Tuesday 15 September 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Penny Singleton and Fred Adison.
Robin Hood, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1908 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Penny Singleton: American actress and singer (d. 2003).
- Fred Adison: French musician, singer and jazz conductor.
- Gerd Gaiser: German writer (Ship in the Mountain).
- Kid Sheik: American trumpet player (Preservation Hall Jazz Band) (d. 1996).