Wednesday 12 December 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sondra Theodore and Ana Alicia Ortiz.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Baby Doll, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Certain Smile by Francoise Sagan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1956 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Ana Alicia Ortiz: Mexico City, Mexico -- Actress (Melissa-Falcon Crest).
- Sondra Theodore: San Bernadino, California -- Playmate (July, 1977).
- Jean-Paul Faugère: French senior official, Prefect of the Alsace region from 2005 to 2007.
- Harry Prünster: Austrian radio host, comedian and teacher.
- Johan van der Velde: Dutch cyclist.
- Lorenzo Perosi: Composer, dies at 83.
- Beginning of the Irish Republican Army's ''Border Campaign''.
- Japan becomes a member of the United Nations.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?