Wednesday 12 January 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pieter Willem Botha and Pieter Botha.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1916 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Pieter Willem Botha: South African politician (d. 2006).
- Pieter Botha: South African politician who was Prime Minister from 1978-1984 when he was elected President.
- Gérard Jaquet: French politician who represented the French Section of the Workers' International (SFIO) in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1945, in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1946 and in the National Assembly from 1946 to 1958.
- G?rard Fraikin: Neuilly sur Seine EXecutives.
- A P[ieter] W Botha: Orange Free State, South Africa -- President of South Africa.
- P Botha: South African politician 8th Prime Minister of South Africa (d. 2006).
- Jay McShann: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2006).
- William Pleeth: English cellist and educator (d. 1999).
- Ruth Benerito: American chemist and inventor (d. 2013).
- Britain proclaims Gilbert and Ellice Island colony in the Pacific.