Saturday 12 December 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Filipelli and John Casablancas.
4 passi fra le nuvole, directed by Alessandro Blasetti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1942 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Gérard Filipelli
- John Casablancas
- Christopher Frank: Director / actor (Annee Des Meduses), dies at 50.
- Fatma Girik: Turkish actress and politician.
- Pierre Ducout
- Angèle Albrecht: German dancer and teacher.
- Morag Hood: Scottish actress described by many commentators as "a celebrated beauty," who featured in numerous British programmes, stage productions, and audio presentations from the 1960s up to the late 1990s.
- Donna Mills: Actress.
- Brough Scott: English jockey and journalist.
- Morris Sadek: Egyptian-American lawyer and activist.
- Brenda Lee: Musician.
- Mike Heron: Rocker.
- Mike Pinder in Birmingham: England; rocker (The Moody Blues).
- Peter Sarstedt: British musician.
- German offensive in South Western Stalingrad.
- A fire in a hostel in St. John's, Newfoundland kills 100 people.
- World War II: German troops begin Operation Winter Storm, an attempt to relieve encircled Axis forces during the Battle of Stalingrad.