Friday 12 January 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Levinas and Tex Ritter.
The Gay Deceivers, directed by Bruce Kessler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1906 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Emmanuel Levinas: Lithuanian-French historian philosopher and academic (d. 1995).
- Tex Ritter: Texas, United States -- Country singer (5 Star Jubilee, Wayward Wind).
- 1st time Dow Jones closes above 100 (100.26)
- Football rules committee legalizes the forward pass.
- Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman's cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- Persian Constitutional Revolution: a nationalistic coalition of merchants, religious leaders and intellectuals in Persia forces the shah to grant a constitution and establish a national assembly, the Majlis.