Thursday 12 June 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Van Gompel and John Charles Clifford.
Heartaches, directed by Basil Wrangell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1947 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Jacques Van Gompel
- John Charles Clifford
- Henry Cisneros: Politician.
- Allan Gurganus: Novelist.
- Ronald J Freeman II: Elizabeth, New Jersey -- 4x400m runner (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Clifford: American dancer and choreographer with the New York City Ballet, one of the youngest choreographers to make an impact on American dance.
- Jazeps Medins: Composer, dies at 70.