Thursday June 20, 1957
US date format: 6/20/1957, UK date format: 20/6/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 20, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Koko B Ware and Butch Patrick in Inglewood.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Delicate Delinquent, directed by Don McGuire, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while In The Court Of Public Opinion by Alger Hiss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 20, 1957?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 20, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 20If June 20, 1957 is your birthday you're 63 years, 1 month, 16 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 15 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free