Thursday 6 June 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 6, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Sisto and Junior Giscombe.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Tremain, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fbi Story by Don Whitehead was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1957 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Oscar Sisto
- Junior Giscombe
- Babeth Étienne
- Balanadarajah Iyer: Sri Lankan poet and activist (d. 2004).
- Giscombe : British rock musician, solo singer.
- Christian Rach: German chef and author.
- Stacy Moscowitz: American homicide victim, shot to death by the serial killer who called himself the Son of Sam in his reign of terror in New York City.
- Mike Gatting: English cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- The decision of the Automobile Manufacturers Association (in the USA) to ban race involvement is announced. The ban on racing involvement includes not helping others, not supply pace cars, not publicize any results, not advertise any features of passenger cars that suggest speed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?