Wednesday 19 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Lindh and Ralph Brown.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Delicate Delinquent, directed by Don McGuire, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1957 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Anna Lindh: Swedish Foreign Minister, she was stabbed while in a department store in Stockholm on September 10th, 2003 at 16.
- Richard Powers: Novelist.
- Ralph Brown: Actor.
- David Gleeson: Norfolk, England -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Jean Rabe: American journalist and author.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?