Monday 3 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 3, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clive Mantle and Horst-Ulrich Hanel.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Tremain, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Far, Far The Mountain Peak by John Masters was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1957 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Clive Mantle
- Mark Lawrenson: Athlete.
- Horst-Ulrich Hanel: German field hockey player.
- Pierre Paillardon: French wine expert and journalist, who was the sommelier at The Château Cordeillan Bages hotel in Pauillac before becoming director of the training academy for sommeliers at the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce in 2012.
- Horst-Ulrich Hänel: German field hockey player.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?