Monday 3 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Horst-Ulrich Hanel and Pierre Paillardon.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1957 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Horst-Ulrich Hanel: German field hockey player.
- Pierre Paillardon: French wine expert and journalist, who was the sommelier at The Château Cordeillan Bages hotel in Pauillac before becoming director of the training academy for sommeliers at the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce in 2012.
- Horst-Ulrich Hänel: German field hockey player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?