Monday 10 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Hoyle and Merle McCra.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Tammy and the Bachelor, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Too Much, Too Soon by Diana Barrymore and Gerold Frank was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 June 1957 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Lindsay Hoyle: British politician.
- Merle McCra: American homicide victim, shot to death on 10/09/1993 by her son Jerry after quarrelling on Saturday afternoon about 2:30 PM.
- Hidetsugu Aneha: Japanese architect.
- 3rd LPGA Championship won by Louise Suggs
- John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party rule.
- Harold MacMillan becomes British Prime Minister.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 10 June 1957 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?