Monday 10 June 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Clohessy and Lindsay Hoyle.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1957 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Robert Clohessy
- T. D. Jakes: Clergyman.
- Lindsay Hoyle: British politician.
- Merle McCra: American homicide victim, shot to death on 10/09/1993 by her son Jerry after quarrelling on Saturday afternoon about 2:30 PM.
- Hidetsugu Aneha: Japanese architect.
- 3rd LPGA Championship won by Louise Suggs
- John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party rule.
- Harold MacMillan becomes British Prime Minister.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?