Wednesday 5 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clifton Daniel and Enrico Ruggeri.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Tremain, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while In The Court Of Public Opinion by Alger Hiss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1957 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Clifton Daniel: American noted family, one of four sons of journalist Clifton Daniel and his wife; writer Margaret Truman; grandson of U.S.
- Enrico Ruggeri: Italian popular singer, winner of the Sanremo Festival Award in 1987.
- Jim Woodward: Wilmington, Delaware -- Nike golfer (1994 Miss Gulf Coast-50th).
- Charles Nolan: American fashion designer (d. 2011).
- New York narcotics investigator, Dr Herbert Berger, urges AMA to investigate use of stimulating drugs by athletes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?