Wednesday 31 January 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 31, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Marcovitch and Rynn Berry.
The House of Fear, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1945 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Daniel Marcovitch
- Noah Creshevsky: Composer.
- Rynn Berry: American historian and author (d. 2014).
- Brenda Hale: Baroness Hale of Richmond English lawyer judge and academic.
- Joseph Kosuth: American conceptual artist.
- Eddie Slovik: 1st US executed for desertion since Civil War at 25.
- American Private Edward Donald Slovik, age 25, is executed by firing squad for desertion, the first such execution since the US Civil War.
- US 4th Infantry division occupies Elcherrath.
- World War II: About 3,000 inmates from the Stutthof concentration camp are forcibly marched into the Baltic Sea at Palmnicken (now Yantarny, Russia) and executed.
- Eddie Slovik is executed by firing squad for desertion, the first American soldier since the American Civil War, and last to date to be executed for this offense.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Three Caballeros - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night of the Week) - Frank Sinatra
- I'm Beginning To See The Light - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- A Little on the Lonely Side - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Don't Fence Me In - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters