Thursday 29 October 1942US date format: 10/29/1942, UK date format: 29/10/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Klein (actor) and Gottfried John.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1942 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Gérard Klein (actor)
- Gottfried John
- Francesca Vacca: Italian aristocracy, a missing person...
- Bob Ross: American artist and television host (d....
- Gérard Klein: French actor and radio presenter,...
- 7th day of battle at El Alamein: Montgomery assault
- 16,000 Jews killed in Pinsk, Russia.
- Alaska highway completed.
- Branch Rickey named president / general manager of Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Holocaust: In the United Kingdom, leading clergymen and political figures hold a public meeting to register outrage over Nazi Germany's persecution of Jews.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra