Thursday October 29, 1942
US date format: 10/29/1942, UK date format: 29/10/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Klein (actor) and Gottfried John.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 29, 1942?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- See more
- 7th day of battle at El Alamein: Montgomery assault
- 16,000 Jews killed in Pinsk, Russia.
- Alaska highway completed.
- Branch Rickey named president / general manager of Brooklyn Dodgers.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 29, 1942?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World)
- Glenn Miller & His Orchestra - Dearly Beloved