Tuesday 13 October 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Jones and Pamela Tiffin.
I Married a Witch, directed by René Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1942 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Jerry Jones: American football player, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Pamela Tiffin: American actress, a movie starlet of the '60s with a debut in "Summer and Smoke," 1961.
- Dave Aaron: American UFO researcher, owner of the largest inventory in the world of UFO videos (25,000 hours) and tapes (6,000 hours) which he sell from his home office in Yucaipa, CA, the UFO Audio-Video Clearing House, established c. 1990.
- Second Vatican Council
- Bob Bailey: American baseball player and manager.
- Pamela Tiffin [Pamela Wonso]: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Actress (Viva Max!).
- Aykut Oray: Turkish actor (d. 2009).
- Walter McGowan: Scottish boxer.
- Paul Simon in Newark: New Jersey, USA; singer/actor ("Kodachrome", "One Trick Pony").
- Walter Mc
- Rutanya Alda: Latvian-American actress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Manhattan Serenade - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition